Cinematic Large-Format Coverage and High Speed: The ZEISS Supreme Prime lenses are designed for cinematic large-format sensor coverage, making them the ideal choice for current and future camera systems. At T1.5 the ZEISS Supreme Primes demonstrate their unsurpassed craftsmanship in tricky low-light environments. They give the creator absolute control by revealing subtly nuanced details in deep shadows and bright highlights.
Aesthetic focus fall-off and elegant bokeh: A very smooth transition between in-focus and out of focus areas characterise the unique look of the ZEISS Supreme Prime lenses. This adds richer texture and greater depth to the image. The lenses are developed for modern digital cinematography with cutting-edge optics and key enhancements to aid the HDR process. They maintain dynamic range and micro contrast levels fine-tuned to bring out details in the shadows and the mids.
A versatile look and gentle sharpness: The ZEISS Supreme Primes possess a look, which ensures freedom in creating the look you want to achieve. With captivating clarity, they ensure that you can capture every detail in the expression on an actor’s face to convey and emphasise emotion. Especially when capturing crucial textures such as skin tones, the unique quality of the ZEISS Supreme Prime lenses is a gentle sharpness that renders a crisp but organic look.
Efficiency and reliability throughout the entire production: The unique ZEISS eXtended Data technology off erslens metadata critical for VFX-intensive productions and work flows on set. It unifi es two data sets: key lens data based on the open Technology standard and supported by a wide range of cameras and accessories, plus ZEISS-specific lens data that contains precise shading and distortion characteristics of the lens. The frame accurate information about focal length, focusing distance, T-stop and depth-of-field enables the camera assistant to work more precisely and eliminates guess work for the DIT. The ZEISS specific distortion and vignetting data makes shooting grids redundant and accelerates compositing and stitching in post-production.
Taking consistency to the next level - Consistency is one of the key elements offered by the ZEISS Supreme Prime lenses: That means consistent coverage, colour rendering, aperture, size, weight and ergonomics. All the lenses across the family cover full frame and even bigger sensors with an image circle of 46.2 mm. The Supreme Prime lenses are colour matched across the full range and most feature a fast T-stop of T1.5. The small front diameter of 95 mm on almost all lenses and standardised positioning of the focus and iris rings across the whole family facilitate fast and easy equipment changeout. The compact and lightweight design means you enjoy easy and comfortable handling. The ultra-smooth focus rotation of the Supreme Prime lenses even in extreme temperatures allows for small motors to make sure you have an easy setup that’s enjoyable to work with.
Compact and lightweight:
• Average weight of 1600 grams (3.5 pounds) -significantly lighter and smaller than comparable lenses on the market
• Designed with camera operators in mind - offering a compact lens without compromising on quality
• Rugged and reliable, even in extreme conditions - Whether you're filming in the desert or the Arctic, the lenses perform flawlessly
Large-format coverage and high speed:
• Designed for cinematic large-format sensor coverage - ideal for future and current camera systems
• Compatible with all the latest camera models - such as the Sony Venice, ARRI Alexa LF and RED Monstro
• Outstanding performance at T1.5, even in low light conditions - allowing absolute creative control, revealing subtly nuanced details in deep shadows and bright highlights
Versatile look and gentle sharpness:
• Lenses possess a look - ensuring freedom in creating the look you want to achieve
• Captivating clarity - helping you to capture every detail
• A gentle sharpness - ideal for capturing crucial textures such as skin tones, rendering a crisp but organic look